Monday, September 6, 2010

Radical

If you know me well, you know that I LOVE David Platt (not in the romantic way - but in the dude-you-preach-an-incredibly-convicting-sermon-every-week way). If you haven't heard him preach, I encourage you to drop-by The Church at Brook Hills website and listen to these. But be prepared, they will "radically" change your life and faith. I was introduced to young Platt (he's only 31) about two years ago, and I think it was probably the greatest introduction of my life (besides my hubby - he was definitely the most important). Anywho, I came to LOVE Platt, his preaching style and his PASSION for the Lord.

As it goes with most pastors who are pretty good, they eventually write a book, and Platt did so earlier this year. Radical came out in May, and I bought it the days of its release, but then it was sadly relegated to my bookshelves partly because I knew what was contained within and I knew it would really do a number on me - a good and needed number - but a number all the same. So it's been sitting there, and over the last few weeks as I've heard the book mentioned on countless blogs and heard the prodding words (ahem, David Taylor) of good friends to READ IT, I've felt God gently telling me that now is the time...

And wouldn't you know that God is faithful to provide excellent motivation and accountability when He wants you to do something. God is so good. A few weeks ago I was perusing the blogosphere as is quite my habit and came across Marla's blog, and guess what she's about to start?!?! A Radical-read-along!! So tomorrow begins the journey. If you want to join the read-along, feel free to jump in tomorrow when we have introductions on Marla's blog, and if you'd rather hear my thoughts and feel spurred to read, then check back here next Tuesday, September 14th as I share my thoughts on Chapter One.

If I've piqued your curiosity, and you want to learn more about Radical, go here.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Is said book available on tape? I don't "read".